This recipe makes a fantastic dairy-free chocolate-substitute
while also cutting out the sugar and pesticides loaded
in chocolate. At last you can eat chocolate guilt-free.
If you are striving for weight-loss, just eat a few pieces
at a time. Remember, while nuts are not saturated, still
they are 80-90% fat. This bar is probably the healthiest
"chocolate" you'll ever eat. Your husband and
kids will love it! Serve it to guests, friends or, if
you want to make a real hit, at parties.
Chocolate-Mint Paradise Bar
(Makes three bars, each 3" x 2" x 1")
|| 6 soft dates (4 1/2 Tablespoons mashed dates)
3 Tablespoons barley malt syrup
3/4 cup cashew butter
3 Tablespoons carob powder
3/4 cup roasted almonds
3 drops Peppermint oil
1) Remove pit from dates and mash using a mortar and pestle.
2) Add barley malt and Peppermint oil. Mash cashew butter into mixture evenly.
3) Add roasted, chopped almonds and carob powder.
4) Shape into 3 bars. Freeze for 1 hour, then slice right before serving.
5) Prepare yourself for a taste of unbelievable "chocolate"! Store in the freezer.
Are you looking for an effective weight
loss diet? Learn about our weight loss challenge for overweight